It’s that time again! Snapshot Monday!
Meet our Construction Manager Rob!
Tell us about your role at SBC
This is such an open-ended question, with the growth of the company and the internal restructuring of our processes and policy’s the list is endless, as a collective we are all diversifying in our roles to ensure a smooth transition during this period whilst continuing to provide our service to new and existing clients alike.
Providing guidance to our delivery our leadership group, which includes the following:
- Overseeing construction projects from conception to completion
- Review each project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs with the respective Project Manager, monitor all project budgets
- Ensure the delivery team meet all contractual conditions of performance for each project
- Prepare internal and external budgets, progress and resourcing reports.
- Negotiate terms of agreements & contracts
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
What do most enjoy about this industry?
The diversity of the projects and people, the industry has changed so much over the years and we are now looking more at the wellbeing of the people in the industry and providing much needed support which has previously been lacking.
What does OH&S in the workplace mean to you?
Providing a safer workplace where everyone’s voice can be heard ensuring that not only our people at SBC but those around us on each of our sites are both physically and mentally protected.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Anything that ensures that I am outside… camping, mountain biking and spending time with family